Friday, March 18, 2011

This past Monday morning, I decided that it was time that the girls and I got back on track around the house. Not that we were ever on track.
I made a schedule. A daily schedule. And guess what? Haven't stuck to it once since writing it out. Tuesday morning, when I didn't actually make it out of bed until around 11 am, and probably didn't wash my face, and I know for sure I didn't brush my teeth til I went to bed, I kinda felt bad. But by the time Wednesday morning rolled around and I slept as late as the girls would let me, I didn't care anymore.
I still need to get things done. My carpets are disgusting. There's dust on everything (I never really liked to dust anyway). I've stayed on top of laundry & dishes, but I never let those chores go- if I do, they 'go' really quickly. But babies are only babies one time. I want to watch as much of that as I can, even if it means letting my house go, and eating breakfast after noon and then lunch is a half eaten, discarded granola bar off of the couch or from under the coffee table. Or stale raisins from the diaper bag while you're driving down the road.
So how is it that I'm able to blog this AM? I was up at 6:48 to change a never-ending poopy diaper. As soon as I laid back down, the hubby's alarm went off. He hit the snooze button, but it went off again, and then Kaylor's wind-up alarm went off and it was impossible to go back to sleep then.
Plus I had to get Kaylor up and ready for our homeschool co-op today. My friend picked her up last time, and is picking her up again today for me, but I'm going to go and be there when they get out and run my errands in town today from there.
Considering it took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to get myself and the girls out of the house just to go see my grandparents yesterday, I need to start getting ready now.

No comments:

Post a Comment